3 - 4 p.m. ET
Bring the power of invention education to your school! Invention Convention is an exciting, project-based program to enhance your students’ creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills through invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
Invention Education empowers young people to develop the skills and self-confidence they need to identify and solve real-world problems. Through invention education, you can introduce your students to a world in which they solve their own problems and gain the confidence and 21st-century skills to invent their own future.
Pre-K - 2nd grade teachers will form a cohort to learn the tools, literacy-based lessons, and curriculum sequence to launch their students in the adventure of Invention Convention.
- Learn strategies for students to become better learners and creative problem-solvers.
- Gain access to Invention Education Curriculum. The Invention Convention Curriculum is aligned to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Common Core and includes enrichment and differentiation tools.
- Understand how to implement an Invention Convention program in a classroom, school, district, Scout program, or at home.
- Learn how Lemelson-MIT and the Invention Convention organizations can support the educators who teach the program.
- Engage in fun hands-on activities!
Featuring California’s Master Invention Convention Educator, Jennifer Mead & Somerville Kennedy School Kindergarten Teacher, Roxane Scrima.
Massachusetts Invention Convention, powered by the Lemelson-MIT Program, is easy to implement, flexible enough to meet diverse student needs, adaptable to a broad range of disciplines, and accessible to virtually any young learner. Come learn more about Massachusetts Invention Convention powered by Lemelson-MIT and how this program can work for you and your students.
This Professional Development Series is 6 Monday sessions from 3-4PM. February 8th - March 22, 2021 (no meeting February 15th).
Please note: A link to the online series will be emailed to all registrants before February 8. If you have any questions about this series, please contact Pascha Griffiths, email@example.com.