Invention Convention January 21 Professional Development
The Massachusetts Invention Convention is a K-12 invention education program. The program is designed to develop, encourage, and enhance creative problem-solving and critical thinking skills through invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Invention provides students with a unique means to develop new skill sets and creatively apply them in real-life settings while nurturing science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
What to Expect at the Professional Development Workshops:
Educators who wish to lead Invention Convention with their students are encouraged to attend one of the fee-waived professional development sessions. These are two-hour sessions designed to equip educators with the information needed to bring the Invention Convention program to their students, schools, after-school programs, homeschool groups, or communities.
Participants will learn tools, skills, and lessons that are aligned to standards that will enable your students to invent their own solution to a problem of their choosing! Through engaging with the invention process, your students will think critically and creatively, analyze problems, ask questions, collaborate with peers, and make real-world connections.
- Hands' on activities that help participants understand the steps involved in the invention process
- Learn how to implement an Invention Convention program in a classroom, school, district, Scout program, or at home.
- Understand the participation requirements for both state and national Invention Convention events.
- Connect with the Massachusetts Invention Convention community that supports educators who teach the program.
- The MA Invention Convention program will culminate in a state finals event, which will provide young inventors the opportunity to present their prototypes to their peers and adult judges.
Massachusetts Invention Convention, powered by the Lemelson-MIT Program, is easy to implement, flexible enough to meet diverse student needs, adaptable to a broad range of disciplines, and accessible to virtually any young learner. Come learn more about Massachusetts Invention Convention powered by Lemelson-MIT and how this program can work for you and your students.
You are registering for the professional development session that will be offered on January 21, 2021 from 4-6 PM.
Please note: A link to the online session will be emailed to all registrants before January 13. If you have any questions about this session, please contact Pascha Griffiths, email@example.com.