Merrimack High School InvenTeam
Solar-powered Biodiesel Processor
- Driven by a mission "to raise awareness and use of carbon-neutral alternative fuels," the InvenTeam designed a 500-mL processor operated by a 12-volt battery.
- The InvenTeam has been testing the biodiesel in an old Air Force bus that it secured from Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis, Mo., with the help of teacher Ray Sleeper.
- Since the InvenTeam's presentation at the Odyssey in June 2007, the students have increased the biodiesel concentration from 30 to 50 percent, with an aim of using 100 percent biodiesel.
- The InvenTeam has continued to work on its design to charge the batteries of the processor with a solar array.
- Also known as the Merrimack Biodiesel Crew, the InvenTeam's motto is: "Saving the Globe One French Fry at a Time." View the InvenTeam's promotion for the "Innovate or Die" contest.