Eureka Springs High School InvenTeam
Eureka Springs, AR
Wristband Health Monitor
- The wristband was conceived as a preventive tool for monitoring blood pressure levels for youth at risk.
- Preparation for the invention process began as two students trained at the University of Arkansas to learn the mechanical design program SolidEdge.
- The InvenTeam disassembled current blood-pressure monitoring devices to determine the vital components for its invention: pressure sensor, pump, pulse sensor, and release valve.
- Aimed to be an affordable accessory, the wristband prototype included a miniaturized pump, microcontroller, and LCD screen.
- Machinists at the University of Arkansas offered to fabricate the InvenTeam’s prototype, when design modifications have been completed.