Brillion High School InvenTeam
• Dubbed the E-Z Lift, the invention was developed after the students took several tours of local manufactory plants, including <Ariens Corporation http://www.ariens.com/>, as part of a class trip.
• According to the InvenTeam student presenter, “One million cases of back injuries are reported each year due to heavy lifting on the job.”
• Designed to aid manufactory workers, the E-Z Lift can transport crates that are too heavy to physically lift and that are not heavy enough to efficiently move by forklift.
• The device is equipped with a 3000-pound capacity winch, a steel body, and a lifting bucket that is designed to stay level when in motion.
• Ariens Corporation provided mentor support to the InvenTeam and funded a $1.5 million technology center at the school.
• “I learned that going from a piece of paper to this is awesome,” said Tony Ott, InvenTeams student.